This past weekend I had the honor of attending the wedding of a close family friend’s daughter. As a result, I did my makeup for a true desi function and after posting a selfie on snapchat, I had a bunch of people ask me what products I used. So, here are the products I used and the techniques I did to create this look.
Before starting my makeup I cleansed using Origins Checks & Balances and moisturized using their zero oil moisturizer. After that, I put their GinZing eye cream under my eyes.
- When I’m doing an eye look, that’s normally what I start with. So, I took my primer and put it all over my eyes.
- After that, you need a soft transition color to start off the eyes. For this look, I used Warm Taupe. I kept blending this into my crease till I was satisfied with the intensity.
- After that, I took Primavera and put it on my lid.
- In order to blend the edges, I took a bit more Warm Taupe to blend in the crease and lid.
- To slightly darken the look, I took Cyprus Umber on the outer corner of the eye and made circle motions for the shadow application.
- I took a clean blending brush and blended all the shadow lines together so that it looked seamless.
- Once the shadow was done, I moved on to the eyeliner. For this look, I just did a simple line on my eyelid.
- Now that the eyes were done, I primed my face using the Hangover RX primer.
- After that was done, I took my Born This Way foundation with a foundation brush and built it up to full coverage on my face.
- Next, I took my NARS concealer and applied it in a triangular motion under my eyes. I blended this in with a beauty blender
- At this point, I set my entire face using my translucent setting powder.
- Next comes brows. I outlined the bottom and top of my brow and lightly fill them in a feather-like approach to make it look as natural as possible.
- After the brows comes bronzing. I used my bronzer all over my face to warm it up and give it a little bit of color.
- Once that’s done, it’s time to pink up the cheeks a little bit. I took my blush and very lightly applied it onto the apples of my cheek to give it a natural look.
- Highlighting is the very last face step of this process. I took my wet n wild highlighter and applied it on my brow bone, the tops of my cheeks and on the tip of my nose to bring light to the high points of my face.
- To finish up the eyes I applied a layer of the Lash Paradise to my top and bottom lashes.
- To complete the entire look I took my Whirl lip liner to line my lips and then applied the Wet n Wild liquid lipstick to fill in my lips.
This is how I created the look above and the full names of the products I used are listed below. If you end up re-creating this look send me a pic!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Pen in 01 Blackest Black
Voluminous Lash Paradise by L’Oréal
Revlon ColorStay Brow Pencil in 225 Soft Black
Too Faced Hangover RX primer
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Sand
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep
Revlon Blush in 006 Naughty Nude
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
Wet n Wild Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
MAC Lip Liner in Whirl
Wet n Wild megalast Liquid Catsuit in Rebel Rose